CDC (Changed Data Capture) with Couchbase

Viewed 976

I have a requirement to capture changes from a stream of data. Below given is my solution.

Data Flows into Kafka -> Consumer Picks up data and inserts/updates (trimmed data) to DynamoDB(We have configured DynamoDB Streams). After every insert/update a stream is generated with changed data, which is then interpreted and processed by a Lambda.

Now my question is if have to replace DynamoDB with Couchbase, will Couchbase provide a CDC out of the box? I am pretty much new to Couchbase and I tried searching for the CDC feature but no direct documentation.

Any pointers would be very helpful! Thanks!

2 Answers

Couchbase has an officially supported Kafka Connector (documentation here).

I'm not familiar with the "CDC" term, but this Couchbase Kafka connector can act as both a sink and a source.. It's not "out of the box" per se, it's a separate connector.

Related