Can I use Visual Studio's Assisted IntelliSense with ReSharper's suggestion system?

Viewed 502

Recent version of Visual Studio added AI-assisted IntelliSense. See below image the star-marked items.

Many times this AI-assisted IntelliSense works great. ReShaper's suggestion system is more powerful in general and I always stick to it. My question is can I have Microsoft AI-assisted IntelliSense in ReSharper's suggestion system?

1 Answers

My question is can I have Microsoft AI-assisted IntelliSense in ReSharper's suggestion system?

I am afraid that you cannot get your answer as your expected.

Assisted IntelliSense is from Visual Studio IntelliCode and is a part of Viusal Studio Intellisnese.

However, Resharper is a third-party extension and its Intellisense will inherit, overwrite Visual Studio Intellisense and then uses its own features.

In fact, it is not compatible with Visual Studio Intellisense. You can check this document. Besides, someone has reproted a similar issue.

So in use, you can only use one of them(Visual Studio Intellisense and Resharper Intellisense), but not use them all at the same time.

As a suggestion, if you're using VS2019, try switching between them(Extensions-->Resharper-->Options-->Environment-->Intellisense-->General) which this is the only better solution and thanks for Resharper has retained the option to use Visual Studio Intellisense.

enter image description here

In addition, if you still want this feature and use both of them at the same time, you should contact with Resharper's support team and hope that they will give you a satisfactory answer.

Related