I use Cloud Build for copying the configuration file from storage and deploying the app to App Engine flex.
The problem is that the build fails every time when it lasts more than 10 minutes. I've specified timeout in my cloudbuild.yaml but it looks like it's ignored. Also, I configured app/cloud_build_timeout and set it to 1000. Could somebody explain to me what is wrong here?
My cloudbuild.yaml looks in this way:
steps:
- name: gcr.io/cloud-builders/gsutil
args: ["cp", "gs://myproj-dev-247118.appspot.com/.env.cloud", ".env"]
- name: "gcr.io/cloud-builders/gcloud"
args: ["app", "deploy"]
timeout: 1000s
timeout: 1600s
My app.yaml use custom env that build it from Dockerfile and looks like this:
runtime: custom
env: flex
manual_scaling:
instances: 1
env_variables:
NODE_ENV: dev
Dockerfile also contains nothing special, just installing dependencies and app building:
FROM node:10 as front-builder
WORKDIR /app
COPY front-end .
RUN npm install
RUN npm run build:web
FROM node:12
WORKDIR /app
COPY api .
RUN npm install
RUN npm run build
COPY .env .env
EXPOSE 8080
COPY --from=front-builder /app/web-build web-build
CMD npm start