I am a beginner developer, just familiarising myself with electron and node.js. I am trying to convert my electron project into a .exe file using the electron-packager package, but every time I attempt it returns this error:
Response code 404 (Not Found) for https://github.com/electron/electron/releases/download/v0.35.6/SHASUMS256.txt
I have tried the URL, and it returns an error 404, apparently, anything from "releases" down doesn't exist. I am using Windows 10 if that helps.
Here is my main.js file:
var app = require('app'); // Module to control application life.
var BrowserWindow = require('browser-window'); // Module to create native browser window.
// Keep a global reference of the window object, if you don't, the window will
// be closed automatically when the JavaScript object is garbage collected.
var mainWindow = null;
// Quit when all windows are closed.
app.on('window-all-closed', function() {
// On OS X it is common for applications and their menu bar
// to stay active until the user quits explicitly with Cmd + Q
if (process.platform != 'darwin') {
app.quit();
}
});
// This method will be called when Electron has finished
// initialization and is ready to create browser windows.
app.on('ready', function() {
// Create the browser window.
mainWindow = new BrowserWindow({width: 900, height: 600});
// and load the index.html of the app.
mainWindow.loadURL("path to index.html");
// Emitted when the window is closed.
mainWindow.on('closed', function() {
// Dereference the window object, usually you would store windows
// in an array if your app supports multi windows, this is the time
// when you should delete the corresponding element.
mainWindow = null;
});
});
(the "path to index.html" is substituted for the real path in the actual script)
This is the package.json file:
{
"name": "overboard",
"version": "1.0.0",
"description": "",
"main": "main.js",
"dependencies": {
"electron-forge": "^5.2.4",
"electron-packager": "^14.2.1",
"pretty-bytes": "^2.0.1"
},
"devDependencies": {
"electron-prebuilt": "^0.35.2"
},
"scripts": {
"init": "npm install",
"start": "electron main.js"
},
"author": "Me",
"license": "ISC"
}
Thanks for any help in advance, it's much appreciated.