Is it possible to have a "vertically-oriented" grid using ag-grid? (not pivot table)

Viewed 1329

The default layout for a grid in ag-grid is what I call "horizontal" (with respect to the rows):

  • Columns are laid out vertically, spanning top-to-bottom.
  • Rows are laid out "across the columns", aka, spanning the horizon.
  • New rows get appended to the bottom.

Pictorially:
horizontal grid

I am needing grids to be "flipped" (aka, "vertical") in certain scenarios, such that:

  • Columns are laid out horizontally.
  • Rows are laid out vertically, spanning top-to-bottom.
  • New rows get appended to the right.

Pictorially:
vertical grid

Is this possible with ag-grid?
I don't think their pivot table will work for this, but maybe I'm not thinking creatively enough :)
These grids are being used in an Angular app.

2 Answers

Maybe it is too late, but anyway :)

I have the same problem too. Seems like ag-grid doesn't support it out of the box. But I found a tutorial (with blog post and code) from youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BR9sH7zG7g.

I am using React not Angular. But I am gonna do it myself using the same approach.

Related