I'm trying to reproduce a "Instagram" like tabBar which has a "Utility" button in the middle which doesn't necessarily belong to the tabBar eco system.
I have attached this gif to show the behaviour I am after. To describe the issue. The tab bar in the middle (Black plus) is click a ActionSheet is presented INSTEAD of switching the view.
How I would do this in UIKit is simply use the
override func tabBar(tabBar: UITabBar, didSelectItem item: UITabBarItem) {
print("Selected item")
}
Function from the UITabBarDelegate. But obviously we can't do this in SwiftUI so was looking to see if there was any ideas people have tried. My last thought would be to simply wrap it in a UIView and use it with SwiftUI but would like to avoid this and keep it native.
I have seen a write up in a custom TabBar but would like to use the TabBar provided by Apple to avoid any future discrepancies.
Thanks!
Edit: Make the question clearer.
