I am trying to read and write values from registers in python using the LLDB API.
For the General Purpose Registers, I have been using the frame.register['register name'].value to read and write register values, which works successfully for me.
However, as I approach the Floating Point Registers, I found that this could not be done anymore, as some of the registers, such as the XMM registers do not have a value attribute
e.g frame.register['xmm0'].value would return None.
I have looked into the LLDB API Documentation and I could somehow get the register value using the frame.register['xmm0'].GetData(), although it doesn't return a string format like the value attribute.
However, I am still unable to find a way to write into the registers using the LLDB API. I understand that I would be able to do this interactively in CLI using register write xmm0 "{0x00 0x01 ... 0x0f}", as shown in
https://www.mail-archive.com/lldb-dev@lists.llvm.org/msg03228.html, but I would like to be able to do it in python, as I am writing a script in order to perform this task.
So, is there a way for me to write into the XMM registers, or in general, vector type registers using LLDB API?