I have a simple DeploymentConfig:
apiVersion: v1
kind: DeploymentConfig
metadata:
name: my-dc
labels:
app: my
spec:
replicas: 3
template:
metadata:
labels:
app: my
spec:
containers:
- name: my
image: image-registry.openshift-image-registry.svc:5000/pc/rhel-atomic
livenessProbe:
exec:
command:
- echo
- "I'm alive!"
initialDelaySeconds: 10
readinessProbe:
exec:
command:
- echo
- "I'm healthy!"
initialDelaySeconds: 15
periodSeconds: 15
The image-registry.openshift-image-registry.svc:5000/pc/rhel-atomic image stream points to my own image that is simply:
FROM registry.access.redhat.com/rhel7/rhel-atomic
When I do oc create -f my-dc.yaml and try to check what is going on, I see that my pods are crash-looping.
To debug it, I did a oc status --suggest. It suggests listing the container logs with oc logs my-dc-1-z889c -c my. However, there is no logs for any of the containers.
My oc get events does not help either. It just cycles through these messages:
<unknown> Normal Scheduled pod/my-dc-1-vnhmp Successfully assigned pc/my-dc-1-vnhmp to ip-10-0-128-37.ec2.internal
31m Normal Pulling pod/my-dc-1-vnhmp Pulling image "image-registry.openshift-image-registry.svc:5000/pc/rhel-atomic"
31m Normal Pulled pod/my-dc-1-vnhmp Successfully pulled image "image-registry.openshift-image-registry.svc:5000/pc/rhel-atomic"
31m Normal Created pod/my-dc-1-vnhmp Created container my
31m Normal Started pod/my-dc-1-vnhmp Started container my
27m Warning BackOff pod/my-dc-1-vnhmp Back-off restarting failed container
<unknown> Normal Scheduled pod/my-dc-1-z8jgb Successfully assigned pc/my-dc-1-z8jgb to ip-10-0-169-70.ec2.internal
31m Normal Pulling pod/my-dc-1-z8jgb Pulling image "image-registry.openshift-image-registry.svc:5000/pc/rhel-atomic"
31m Normal Pulled pod/my-dc-1-z8jgb Successfully pulled image "image-registry.openshift-image-registry.svc:5000/pc/rhel-atomic"
31m Normal Created pod/my-dc-1-z8jgb Created container my
31m Normal Started pod/my-dc-1-z8jgb Started container my
27m Warning BackOff pod/my-dc-1-z8jgb Back-off restarting failed container
How do I debug this? Why the containers crash?
I am using OpenShift Online.