I have latest version of mySqlWorkbench I have mysql in a virtual ubuntu machine and am trying to connect via ssh. Workbench keep on crashing without showing any warning or error.
I have latest version of mySqlWorkbench I have mysql in a virtual ubuntu machine and am trying to connect via ssh. Workbench keep on crashing without showing any warning or error.
I was also facing the same issue in ubuntu, later found out that there was a permission of ssh-keys missing in the ubuntu software app.
See the last permission in the attached screenshot.

In my case, I simply made an ssh connection to the server via the Linux terminal. Then, I tried to connect using MySQLWorkbench again and the problem was solved.
I solved the issue by increasing the ssh connect timeout and ssh command retry count. This issue occurs with mysql version lower then 5.6, Above version 5.6 it works perfectly.

In my case, I had the same problem on Ubuntu 20.04 when I'd installed MySQL Workbench via Ubuntu Software app (snap).
I'd already changed the permissions setting as shown at https://stackoverflow.com/a/68334800/470749, but it didn't help.
The solution for me was to uninstall MySQL Workbench and then download and install from https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/workbench/ fresh.
I hope this helps someone. Currently, I am using ubuntu 20.04, I had the same problem. I fixed it by uninstalling the snap store version and installing it from the official MySQL website (https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/repo/apt/) after I installed it, it worked perfectly fine. Here are the installation steps I used. (https://linuxhint.com/installing_mysql_workbench_ubuntu/).