I have added events to my calendar from two sources. One source is a json object and other is a google calendar. Now, I want to make events from google calendar render as background events (nothing should happen if user clicks on it) and for json events I need to perform some action when user clicks on it.
This is my code:
document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', function() {
var calendarEl = document.getElementById('calendar');
var calendar = new FullCalendar.Calendar(calendarEl, {
googleCalendarApiKey: 'AIzaSyACMTvM6xtGLSgkyLZqKw2t4chXf-tw8u8',
plugins: ['dayGrid', 'timeGrid', 'list', 'interaction', 'bootstrap', 'rrule', 'moment', 'googleCalendar'],
themeSystem: 'bootstrap',
timeZone: 'Asia/Colombo',
height: 'auto',
fixedWeekCount: false,
slotDuration: '00:15:00',
slotLabelInterval: '01:00:00',
navLinks: true,
nowIndicator: true,
selectable: true,
selectMirror: true,
slotLabelFormat: {
hour: 'numeric',
minute: '2-digit',
omitZeroMinute: false,
},
businessHours: {
// days of week. an array of zero-based day of week integers (0=Sunday)
daysOfWeek: [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6], // Monday - saturday
startTime: '09:00', // a start time
endTime: '16:00', // an end time
},
views: {
listDay: {
buttonText: 'Todays events'
},
listWeek: {
buttonText: 'This week events'
},
listMonth: {
buttonText: 'This month events'
}
},
footer: {
center: 'listDay listWeek listMonth'
},
header: {
left: 'prevYear,prev,next,nextYear today',
center: 'title',
right: 'dayGridMonth,timeGridWeek,timeGridDay'
},
eventSources: [
// your event source
{
events: {!!$ce!!
},
color: 'blue',
editable: true
},
{
googleCalendarId: 'en.lk#holiday@group.v.calendar.google.com',
rendering: 'background',
color: 'yellow',
editable: false
}
],
select: function(info) {
alert('selected ' + info.startStr + ' to ' + info.endStr);
}
/* @can('isManager')
events: 'https://fullcalendar.io/demo-events.json'
@endcan */
});
calendar.render();
});
<div class="container-fluid mt--7">
<div class="row">
<div class="col-xl-12 mb-5 mb-xl-0">
<div class="card bg-white shadow">
<div class="card-body">
<div id="calendar" style="height: 800px;"></div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
But my google calendar events don't show as background events. I try to add ids for each event sources like below and it makes my entire calendar disappear:
eventSources: [
// your event source
{
id='a',
events:{!! $ce !!},
color: 'blue',
editable:true
},
{
id='b',
googleCalendarId: 'en.lk#holiday@group.v.calendar.google.com',
rendering: 'background',
color: 'yellow',
editable:false
}
],
Now I need at least a way to identify events from each source separately.
I also tried
info.event.source
and
info.event.source.id
and even
info.event.color
to use as my identifier, but info.event.source shows as an object and info.source.id, info.source.color show as undefined properties
also this is how I pass JSON to my laravel view from controller'
<?php
namespace App\Http\Controllers;
use App\Http\Controllers\Controller;
use Illuminate\Support\Facades\DB;
class HomeController extends Controller
{
/**
* Create a new controller instance.
*
* @return void
*/
public function __construct()
{
$this->middleware('auth');
}
/**
* Show the application dashboard.
*
* @return \Illuminate\View\View
*/
public function index()
{
$calender_events = DB::table('calender_events')->get();
$ce = $calender_events->toJson();
return view('dashboard', compact('ce'));
}
}
Please help.