How to Integrate android app with linkedin signin?

Viewed 143

https://engineering.linkedin.com/blog/2018/12/developer-program-updates

From the above link I got information that Authentication, SDKs, and Plugins: SDKs: Our JavaScript and Mobile Software Development Kits (SDKs) will stop working. Developers will need to migrate to using OAuth 2.0 directly from their apps.

I want to add linkedin login in my android app. The only way seems to be is using oauth2 login, but it requires a backend change. I need to add an end point which will get the end point from oauth response and again request the info and store in some permanent storage. Then I have to call the backend from android app to fetch that info.
**or **
Is there any alternative way to do that without backend change?

2 Answers

If you're willing to use 3rd party libs, I've created a lightweight "unofficial" SDK for Android, you can use it from [this GitHub repo](https://github.com/AbdAllahAbdElFattah13/LinkedIn-SDK-Android.

It's unofficial because - as you mentioned - LinkedIn has deprecated and stopped supporting their old mobile SDKs.

We also use it in our production apps, so it should be working fine. :)

As Linkedin document say:

The LinkedIn API uses OAuth 2.0 for user authorization and API authentication. Applications must be authorized and authenticated before they can fetch data from LinkedIn or get access to member data.

See this link and this.

I hope be useful for you.

Related