I'm trying to register decorator for service these uses property injection.
When I'm adding containerBuilder.RegisterDecorator<ServiceDecorator, IService>() that properties are no longer injected.
I guess Autofac is trying to inject it to the decorator instead of original service.
I've written some tests to showcase this problem. There are services and the decorator:
public interface IService
{
bool NestedServiceIsNotNull();
}
public interface INestedService { }
public class Service : IService
{
public INestedService NestedService { get; set; }
public bool NestedServiceIsNotNull()
{
return NestedService != null;
}
}
public class NestedService : INestedService { }
public class ServiceDecorator : IService
{
private readonly IService _original;
public ServiceDecorator(IService original)
{
_original = original;
}
public bool NestedServiceIsNotNull()
{
return _original.NestedServiceIsNotNull();
}
}
And the test methods:
[TestMethod]
public void PropertyInjectedServiceShouldNotBeNull()
{
var builder = new ContainerBuilder();
builder.RegisterType<NestedService>().As<INestedService>();
builder.RegisterType<Service>().As<IService>().PropertiesAutowired();
var container = builder.Build();
var service = container.Resolve<IService>();
Assert.IsTrue(service.NestedServiceIsNotNull());
}
[TestMethod]
public void PropertyInjectedServiceShouldNotBeNullEvenIfDecoratorRegistered()
{
var builder = new ContainerBuilder();
builder.RegisterType<NestedService>().As<INestedService>();
builder.RegisterType<Service>().As<IService>().PropertiesAutowired();
// Here's the difference - decorating the service
// causes the assertion to fail.
builder.RegisterDecorator<ServiceDecorator, IService>();
var container = builder.Build();
var service = container.Resolve<IService>();
Assert.IsTrue(service.NestedServiceIsNotNull());
}
The first test passes but the second fails by assertion.
Is it correct behavior?
I'm working with a legacy project, so I shouldn't to change existing code by moving dependencies to the constructor.
Is there any way to solve this problem?