Building wheel for lxml (setup.py) friezes while installing lxml on termux

Viewed 3215

I was trying to install lxml on python 3.7.4 on Termux on my phone:

$ pip install lxml
Collecting lxml
  Using cached https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/c4/43/3f1e7d742e2a7925be180b6af5e0f67d38de2f37560365ac1a0b9a04c015/lxml-4.4.1.tar.gz
Building wheels for collected packages: lxml
  Building wheel for lxml (setup.py) ... - 

But the process has taken hours and it seemed like it froze.

I already have libxml2, libxslt, libiconv, clang packages installed and also pip wheel

Can it be that this depends on my RAM and if so, what can I do about it?

Please help me out guys:p

1 Answers

I can confirm that the procedure you're following is correct and gets the job done. It does take a while to install based on the resources available to it, on my previous OnePlus 3, I left the process on for an entire night, I didn't calculate the exact time it took but when I woke up lxml was installed. Hope this helps.

Related