I'm trying to figure out if this is possible in Oracle APEX interactive grids. I'm wanting to insert a string of text like "Y" into a cell simply by clicking the cell. I'm trying to avoid using a checkbox.
I'm trying to figure out if this is possible in Oracle APEX interactive grids. I'm wanting to insert a string of text like "Y" into a cell simply by clicking the cell. I'm trying to avoid using a checkbox.
There's a built-in "Switch" type for interactive grids which can be used to create yes/no columns. Would that work?
For an example, go to the App Gallery and install the Sample Interactive Grids app. Run it and navigate to Editing > Other Column Types, then look at the "On Leave" column.
Blockquote
Please follow the below steps to achieve the desired result
Paste the below JavaScript code in Function and Global Variable Decleration:
function fSwitch(ptext) {
if(ptext == 'Y') {
return ("");
}
else {
return 'Y'
}
}
Make the Interactive Grid Editable
Change Column Type of the column that you want to insert a string to "Text Field".
Paste the below code in the Advanced -> Custom Attributes of the column that you want to insert a string
onclick="javascript:this.value=fSwitch(this.value)"; onkeypress="return false;"
How this works:
On focus of the column cell,