Install python package via Jupyter

Viewed 50

I tried to install two package (orange3 and orange3-Associate) for python via jupyter notebook by running:

!pip install orange3
!pip install orange3-Associate

II can import and use the packages via the jupyter notebook however in anaconda navigator environments I can not see any of these packages while I have all other libraries like numpy, sklearn, etc. Is it a problem or an issue?

1 Answers

I found a solution on this blog (update: Wayne notes in a comment below that the blog is outdated and points to this Q&A instead). Importantly, you should differentiate between conda and pip.

As you mention anaconda, you probably should use conda to install:

# Install a conda package in the current Jupyter kernel
%conda install <dependency_name>

Alternatively, if you need to use pip:

# Install a pip package in the current Jupyter kernel
%pip install <python_package_name>
Related