I need your help/suggestions to display a data frame in R in a particular format. Kindly find the demo dataset below.
d <-
data.frame(
year = c(1995, 1995, 1995, 1996, 1996, 1996, 1997, 1997, 1997),
Product_Name = c(
"Table",
"Chair",
"Bed",
"Table",
"Chair",
"Bed",
"Table",
"Chair",
"Bed"
),
Product_desc = c("X", "X", "X", "Y", "Y", "Y", "Z", "Z", "Z"),
Cost = c(1, 2, 3, 4, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
)
The dataframe is getting displayed in this format.
Product_Name Product_desc year Cost
Table X 1995 1
Chair X 1995 2
Bed X 1995 3
Table Y 1996 4
Chair Y 1996 2
Bed Y 1996 3
Table Z 1997 4
Chair Z 1997 5
Bed Z 1997 6
I want the dataframe to be displayed in this format.
Product_Name Product_desc year Cost
Table X 1995 1
Table Y 1996 4
Table Z 1997 4
Chair X 1995 2
Chair Y 1996 2
Chair Z 1997 5
Bed X 1995 3
Bed Y 1996 3
Bed Z 1997 6
I am not able to display it this way. The biggest issue/Challenge which I am facing is with respect to the column year. I dont know how to make my year get displayed same as the above format.
Kindly let me know your suggestions.
Thanks in Advance.
David