I have a project that serves many images. That project also have an API that serves not only but the image links.
I would like to have a way to successfuly avoid the scraping of my images. I don't mind users could download each image individually but would not like that someone could scrape all images at the same time to avoid high bandwith usage.
I though using htaccess to deny direct access to image folders.
Also, thought to use in PHP (in website) to use a dynamic link to show the image (for example loadimage.php?id=XXXXX) so my users doesn't know the full image link.
How could I do it in API (and even in website) to prevent scraping? I though something like a token and each request will generate a new "image id", but or I'm missing something or can't figure it out how to make it work.
I know it will be impossible to have a 100% valid method to do it, but any suggestions in how to difficult it would be appreciated.
Thanks.