I'm using the Google Cloud Build service to create images of my application. I created a build trigger that looks for a git tag in a specific format. Each time that Cloud Build detects a new tag, a new build is performed.
Since the build time is pretty long, I am trying to make it faster.
I found that it's possible to ask Google to build the application on a faster machine (Source).
gcloud builds submit --config=cloudbuild.yaml --machine-type=n1-highcpu-8 .
This code works if you choose the manual build option. Since I created the build trigger from the GCP user interface, I can't find any place to define the machine-type argument.
How can I choose the machine-type on automatic build triggers?
UPDATE:
In the Trigger window, I chose Build Configuration=Docker File and this is my docker file preview:
docker build \
-t gcr.io/PROJ_NAME/APP_NAME/$TAG_NAME:$COMMIT_SHA \
-f deployments/docker/APPNAME.docker \
.
How should my buildconfig.yaml file look like?