How to configure my Spring Boot service to have max 2 open connections to the Postgres database? Application is used on the PRODUCTION only by a few people and I don't want to
my pom:
(...)
<parent>
<groupId>org.springframework.boot</groupId>
<artifactId>spring-boot-starter-parent</artifactId>
<version>2.1.8.RELEASE</version>
<relativePath/>
</parent>
<dependencies>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.springframework.boot</groupId>
<artifactId>spring-boot-starter-web</artifactId>
<exclusions>
<exclusion>
<groupId>org.springframework.boot</groupId>
<artifactId>spring-boot-starter-logging</artifactId>
</exclusion>
</exclusions>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.springframework.boot</groupId>
<artifactId>spring-boot-starter-data-jpa</artifactId>
<scope>provided</scope>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>com.fasterxml.jackson.datatype</groupId>
<artifactId>jackson-datatype-hibernate5</artifactId>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>commons-lang</groupId>
<artifactId>commons-lang</artifactId>
<version>2.6</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.springframework.boot</groupId>
<artifactId>spring-boot-starter-security</artifactId>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.springframework.boot</groupId>
<artifactId>spring-boot-starter-test</artifactId>
<scope>test</scope>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.postgresql</groupId>
<artifactId>postgresql</artifactId>
<version>9.4-1200-jdbc41</version>
<scope>provided</scope>
<exclusions>
<exclusion>
<artifactId>slf4j-simple</artifactId>
<groupId>org.slf4j</groupId>
</exclusion>
</exclusions>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.springframework.boot</groupId>
<artifactId>spring-boot-starter-log4j2</artifactId>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>com.caucho</groupId>
<artifactId>hessian</artifactId>
<version>4.0.51</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>com.vladmihalcea</groupId>
<artifactId>hibernate-types-52</artifactId>
<version>2.4.3</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.junit.jupiter</groupId>
<artifactId>junit-jupiter-api</artifactId>
<scope>test</scope>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.junit.jupiter</groupId>
<artifactId>junit-jupiter-api</artifactId>
<scope>test</scope>
</dependency>
</dependencies>
<build>
(...)
</build>
</project>
and my application.properties file:
spring.datasource.url=jdbc:postgresql://xxx
spring.datasource.username=xxx
spring.datasource.password=xxx
spring.datasource.maximum-pool-size=2 //I think it is not sufficient
info.app.name: xxx
I think spring.datasource.maximum-pool-size=2 is not sufficient. What should I add to the properties file? Should I maybe exclude HikariCP from my pom file?