I'm trying to extract all (only) the duplicate values from a pipe delimited file.
My data file has 800 thousands rows with multiple columns and I'm particularly interested about column 3. So I need to get the duplicate values of column 3 and extract all the duplicate rows from that file.
I'm, however able to achieve this as shown below..
cat Report.txt | awk -F'|' '{print $3}' | sort | uniq -d >dup.txt
and I take the above in loop as shown below..
while read dup
do
grep "$dup" Report.txt >>only_dup.txt
done <dup.txt
I've also tried the awk method
while read dup
do
awk -v a=$dup '$3 == a { print $0 }' Report.txt>>only_dup.txt
done <dup.txt
But, as I have large number of records in the file, it's taking ages to complete. So I'm looking for an easy and quick alternative.
For example, I have data like this:
1|learning|Unix|Business|Requirements
2|learning|Unix|Business|Team
3|learning|Linux|Business|Requirements
4|learning|Unix|Business|Team
5|learning|Linux|Business|Requirements
6|learning|Unix|Business|Team
7|learning|Windows|Business|Requirements
8|learning|Mac|Business|Requirements
And my expected output which doesn't include unique records:
1|learning|Unix|Business|Requirements
2|learning|Unix|Business|Team
4|learning|Unix|Business|Team
6|learning|Unix|Business|Team
3|learning|Linux|Business|Requirements
5|learning|Linux|Business|Requirements