I am creating a skateboarding game in JavaScript using the Phaser 3 framework. I have loaded the ramp image onto the screen, and I am currently using the "arcade" physics engine in my file. I know I have to use the matter physics engine to have a non-rectangular hitbox. How do I implement it with the triangular hitbox?
I have the .png image file of the ramp, along with the .json file for its hitbox.
I tried following a tutorial off of a website on how to create new hitboxes for the matter physics engine. Everything ended up falling off the screen and I couldn't figure out how to use the .json file for the ramp.
//Configurations for the physics engine
var physicsConfig = {
default: 'arcade',
arcade : {
debug : true //CHANGE THIS TO TRUE TO SEE LINES
}
}
//Game configurations
var config = {
type: Phaser.AUTO,
width: 1200 ,
height: 600,
physics: physicsConfig,
scene: {
preload: preload,
create: create,
update: update
}
}
//Start the game
var game = new Phaser.Game(config);
function preload() {
//Images
this.load.image('sky', 'archery_assets/images/sky.png');
this.load.image('ground', 'skate_assets/images/ground.png');
this.load.image('up_ramp', 'skate_assets/images/up_ramp.png')
//Spritesheets
this.load.spritesheet('player', 'skate_assets/spritesheets/skater.png', {frameWidth: 160, frameHeight: 160});
}
function create() {
//Background
skyImg = this.add.image(600, 300, 'sky');
//Scale the images
skyImg.setDisplaySize(1200, 600);
groundImg = this.add.image(600, 600, 'ground');
groundImg.setDisplaySize(1200, 250);
//Create the player
this.player = this.physics.add.sprite(100, 410, 'player');
this.player.setCollideWorldBounds(true);
//Rolling animation
this.anims.create({
key: 'move',
frames: this.anims.generateFrameNumbers('player', {start: 0, end: 3}),
frameRate: 16,
repeat: -1 // <-- keeps the rolling animation going
});
//Pushing animation
this.anims.create({
key: 'push',
frames: this.anims.generateFrameNumbers('player', {start: 4, end: 8}),
frameRate: 16
});
//Start and keep the rolling animation going
this.player.anims.play('move', true);
//Up ramp (1st ramp)
this.upRamp = this.physics.add.sprite(700, 330, 'up_ramp');
this.upRamp.setSize(320, 150).setOffset(0, 175);
this.upRamp.enableBody = true;
this.upRamp.setImmovable();
this.upRamp.body.angle = 150;
//Input
this.cursors = this.input.keyboard.createCursorKeys();
//Spacebar
this.spacebar = this.input.keyboard.addKey(Phaser.Input.Keyboard.KeyCodes.SPACE);
this.physics.add.collider(this.player, this.upRamp);
}
function update() {
//Set variable for push speed
var playerPushSpeed = 0;
//If the spacebar is pressed
if (this.spacebar.isDown) {
//Play the push animation
this.player.anims.play('push', true);
//Push speed
playerPushSpeed += 175;
//Move player
this.player.setVelocityX(playerPushSpeed);
}
if (this.upRamp.body.touching.left) {
this.player.setVelocityY(-200);
}
}
I need to know how to implement the .png image of the ramp along with its .json hitbox file, so that the player can properly "ride" up the ramp.