My application was designed to add a user to my Azure AD B2C using Azure AD Graph API. I also handled the case where I'd be calling the add user graph API with an email ID that already exists in AD. I was looking for the error message in the response body to handle this. Has there been any change w.r.t the response message?
POST
https://graph.windows.net/{tenant}/users?api-version=1.6
Request Body :
{
"accountEnabled": true,
"signInNames": [
{
"type": "EmailAddress",
"value": "TestGraphApiCreatedUser@TestGraphApiCreatedUser.com"
}],
"displayName": "TestGraphApiCreatedUser",
"mailNickname": "TestGraphApiCreatedUser",
"passwordProfile" : {
"forceChangePasswordNextLogin": false,
"password": "vhkjds#fceu456VCHU"
},
"creationType": "LocalAccount",
"passwordPolicies": "DisablePasswordExpiration"
}
If a user already exists with the given email address, the error I was getting earlier was
{
"odata.error": {
"code": "Request_BadRequest",
"message": {
"lang": "en",
"value": "Another object with the same value for property signInName already exists."
}
}
}
Now, for the same flow, I'm getting below error :
{
"odata.error": {
"code": "Request_BadRequest",
"message": {
"lang": "en",
"value": "Another object with the same value for property userPrincipalName already exists."
}
}
}
Is there any difference between the two error messages. Since there isn't any error code, I had hard coded the whole error message. Now that there is a slight change in the message, I've to update my code. How can I handle this in a better way?