I am new to Openshift. I have deployed an application in openshift. When I checked the logs, there is permission denied error for some files. Now, I want to change the permissions on the the container that is already deployed in Openshift, but I am getting, "Operation not permitted" warning. How do I fix this ?
This is for linux running latest version of MongoDB. I have already tried executing RUN chmod 777 /path/to/directory in my docker file, created the image and pulled the same image in my yaml file, which I am deploying in my openshift. However, when I check my docker container, it shows that the permissions are changed for that directory, but when I deploy, I get the warning in my logs as "permission denied".
FROM node:10.16.3
RUN apt update && apt install -y openjdk-8-jdk
RUN useradd -ms /bin/bash admin
# Set the workdir /var/www/myapp
WORKDIR /var/www/myapp
# Copy the package.json to workdir
COPY package.json .
# Run npm install - install the npm dependencies
RUN npm install
RUN npm install sqlite3
# Copy application source
COPY . .
RUN chown -R admin:admin /var/www/myapp
RUN chmod 775 /var/www/myapp
USER admin
# Copy .env.docker to workdir/.env - use the docker env
#COPY .env.docker ./.env
# Expose application ports - (4300 - for API and 4301 - for front end)
# EXPOSE 4300 4301
EXPOSE 52000
CMD [ "npm", "start" ]
Athough, when I run my dockerifle, the permissions have changed, but when I try to deploy in my openshift, I get permission denied for some files in that directory.