How to make a controller on Odoo for custom value?

Viewed 835

I need to make a custom controller on Odoo for getting information from the particular task. And I can able to produce the result also. But now I'm facing an issue.

The client needs to retrieve the information with a particular field.

For example, The client needs to retrieve the information with the tracking number and the data must be JSON format also. If the tracking number is 15556456356, the url should be www.customurl.com/dataset/15556456356

1 Answers

The route of that URL should be @http.route('/dataset/<string:tracking_number>', type='http or json', auth="user or public"), basically the method should be like this:

import json

from odoo import http
from odoo.http import Response, request

class tracking(http.Controller):
    # if user must be authenticated use auth="user"
    @http.route('/dataset/<string:tracking_number>', type='http', auth="public")
    def tracking(self, tracking_number):  # use the same variable name
        result = # compute the result with the given tracking_number and the result should be a dict to pass it json.dumps
        return Response(json.dumps(result), content_type='application/json;charset=utf-8',status=200)

This method accept http request and return a json response, if the client is sending a json requests you should change type='json'. don't forget to import the file in the __init___.py.

Lets take an example let say that I want to return some information about a sale.order by a giving ID in the URL:

import json

from odoo import http
from odoo.http import Response, request

 class Tracking(http.Controller):
    @http.route('/dataset/<int:sale_id>', type='http', auth="public")
    def tracking(self, sale_id):
        # get the information using the SUPER USER
        result = request.env['sale.order'].sudo().browse([sale_id]).read(['name', 'date_order'])
        return Response(json.dumps(result), content_type='application/json;charset=utf-8',status=200)

So when I enter this URL using my Browser: http://localhost:8069/dataset/1:

repose of my http request

Related