Below is a sample data frame that I have created along with the expected output.
df = data.frame(color = c("Yellow", "Blue", "Green", "Red", "Magenta"),
values = c(24, 24, 34, 45, 49),
Quarter = c("Period1","Period2" , "Period3", "Period3", "Period1"),
Market = c("Camden", "StreetA", "DansFireplace", "StreetA", "DansFireplace"))
dfXQuarter = df %>% group_by(Quarter) %>% summarise(values = sum(values)) %>%
mutate(cut = "Quarter") %>% data.frame()
colnames(dfXQuarter)[1] = "Grouping"
dfXMarket = df %>% group_by(Market) %>% summarise(values = sum(values)) %>%
mutate(cut = "Market")%>% data.frame()
colnames(dfXMarket)[1] = "Grouping"
df_all = rbind(dfXQuarter, dfXMarket)
Now I for the sake brevity I want to compile this into a function and using lapply. Below is my attempt at the same-
list = c("Market", "Quarter")
df_all <- do.call(rbind, lapply(list, function(x){
df_l= df %>% group_by(x) %>%
summarise(values = sum(values)) %>%
mutate(cut= x) %>%
data.frame()
colnames(df_l)[df_l$x] = "Grouping"
df_l
}))
This block of code is giving me error.
I need the output to be the exact replica of the 'df_all' output for further operations.
How I do write this function correctly?