Is there any way to install virtual audio cable application without prompt message using powershell command

Viewed 896

Virtual audio cable installer does not have silent mode on. Therefore can not use following command

Start-Process -Wait -FilePath 'c:\software\vac460\setup64.exe' ArgumentList"/S /v/qn"

Is there another way to install application without user intervention.

4 Answers

The Virtual Audio Cable product never had the "virtualaudiocable.exe" installer. I'm afraid you are confusing it with something else.

I emailed the developer for VAC to ask this same question. He responded:

You can add "-s -k 30570681-0a8b-46e5-8cb2-d835f43af0c5" to the setup.exe command line.

I have confirmed that this worked using VAC 4.64:

.\setup64.exe -s -k 30570681-0a8b-46e5-8cb2-d835f43af0c5

The installer returns immediately and the process installs in the background. However the installation only took about 10 seconds at most. If you needed to catch a failed install I would suggest monitoring the active audio device and timing out based on that.

Installation log file (on my system) went to C:\Program Files\Virtual Audio Cable\install.log

Here is a way on how i made it work with silent installation. I've used -i -h

#$version       = $env:chocolateyPackageVersion -replace "(\d+)\.(\d+)\.(\d+).*",'$1.$2.$3' 

$toolsDir   = "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)"
$fileLocation = Join-Path $toolsDir 'VBCABLE_Setup_x64.exe'
$packageName = 'VBCable'


$packageArgs = @{
  packageName    = $packageName
  fileType       = 'exe'
  file           = $fileLocation
  silentArgs     = " -i -h "
  softwareName   = 'VBCable'
  validExitCodes= @(0, 3010, 1641)
  # Checksums are now required as of 0.10.0.
  # To determine checksums, you can get that from the original site if provided. 
  # You can also use checksum.exe (choco install checksum) and use it 
  # e.g. checksum -t sha256 -f path\to\file
  checksum       = '186892503330970C8E8D561ADF9B71BD15CD93589306EC00FA60009EBF611EE6'
  checksumType   = 'sha256' #default is md5, can also be sha1, sha256 or sha512
  checksum64     = '186892503330970C8E8D561ADF9B71BD15CD93589306EC00FA60009EBF611EE6'
  checksumType64 = 'sha256' #default is checksumType

}
Install-ChocolateyInstallPackage @packageArgs

-s -k GUID did not work for me any more, but I found the solution at https://github.com/gcloudrig/gcloudrig/issues/40, https://github.com/gcloudrig/gcloudrig/commit/68c0c4a289d7127ee3c9b147fd392d150bfa0eab and https://www.hybrid-analysis.com/sample/963b71526274f236ddc82e6becf1ef501310ffda47100d3be52b9c8e3ca9b937?environmentId=120 :

VBCABLE_Setup_x64.exe -h -i -H -n

Run this from an elevated command prompt, of course.

But it still asked me whether I trust this driver. To solve that, too: Open any CAT-file of this driver and click the "View certificate" button, click the button to install the certificate, then find it in certmgr.msc under "Other People", export it as CER-file and frist run

certutil.exe -addstore "TrustedPublisher" vbcable.cer

on any target machine before running the setup

Related