Some app fires alarms more then 64(local notification) , any way to manage this?

Viewed 73

In my app i need to update locally settled alarms with local notifications, after 64 has been fired then set new 64 is remaining even though app is killed by user. This means it needs to update alarms while app is killed. In iOS that is not allowed, but
Some applications like Alarmy, Alarm Clock Pro, dozen are doing some what like this.

So is there any way to get this?

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

1 Answers

I've encountered the same problem. What I've done was to create a queue and on every launch of application I rescheduled notifications based on the queue. 64 can be scheduled and the others are in the queue according to their fire date. I've also created silent push notifications that would arrive every n hour in order to force my app become active. With this approach, I could take care of that queue even if the user doesn't open the app. Your goal can be achieved but it is really difficult to implement.

After all, iOS ecosystem does not let third-party apps that have the same functionality as OS 's default apps to thrive. So basically if you're creating an alarm app you should better think again.

Related