I am trying to remove \n characters from the json String as it is not allowing me to set text on my text views. I tried different examples like how to remove attributes from json using Kotlin and jackson ObjectMapper but it not helping me out. I want to assign values from the json using Gson to the textviews but it is coming null because of \n characters.
I tried replace with .toRegex method as well but it did not help me out.
This is my MainActivity Code
class MainActivity : AppCompatActivity() {
private var mGitHubApiCall: GithubApiCall? = null
var result: String?= null
override fun onCreate(savedInstanceState: Bundle?) {
super.onCreate(savedInstanceState)
setContentView(R.layout.activity_main)
mGitHubApiCall = GitHubCVService.gitHubService
mGitHubApiCall!!.getData().enqueue(object : Callback<GithubResp> {
override fun onResponse(call: Call<GithubResp>, response: Response<GithubResp>) {
if (response.isSuccessful) {
val msg = response.body()?.files?.cvDummyJson?.content
result= msg+""
Log.e("data", result)
val data= Gson().fromJson(result, Data::class.java)
user_name.text= data.name
summary_desc.text= data.summary
} else {
Log.e("data", "error")
}
}
override fun onFailure(call: Call<GithubResp>, t: Throwable) {
Log.e("data", "Fail to call")
}
})
}
My json is coming as
{\n
"data":{\n
"name":"Maria",\n
"summary":"Likable and dedicated IT consultant with over 5 years of experience in a fast-paced fin-tech company. Eager to offer superb analytical and computer skills to help ABC Inc grow its client base. In previous roles recognized for top company-wide quality satisfaction rating.",\n
"skills":[\n
{\n
"type":"Design Languages",\n
"languages":[\n
"HTML",\n
"XML",\n
"CSS"\n
]\n
},\n
{\n
"type":"Language",\n
"languages":[\n
"Java",\n
"C#",\n
"C++",\n
"Kotlin"\n
]\n
},\n
{\n
"type":"Scripting Language",\n
"languages":[\n
"Javascript"\n
]\n
},\n
{
"type":"Server Language",\n
"languages":[\n
"Php"\n
]\n
},\n
{\n
"type":"Operating System",\n
"languages":[\n
"Windows",\n
"Mac",\n
"Android"\n
]\n
},\n
{\n
"type":"Database",\n
"languages":[\n
"Sqlite",\n
"SQL",\n
"MySQL"\n
]\n
},\n
{\n
"type":"Frameworks", \n
"languages":[\n
"Netbeans",\n
"Eclipse",\n
"ADT-Bundle"\n
]\n
}\n
],\n
"education_bg":[\n
{\n
"position":"Post-Graduate in IBM",\n
"Major":"International Business",\n
"from":"2018",\n
"to":"2019",\n
"institute_name":"Douglas College"\n
},\n
{\n
"position":"Post-Graduate in ICT",\n
"Major":"Information Technology",\n
"from":"2017",\n
"to":"2018",\n
"institute_name":"Douglas College"\n
},\n
{\n
"position":"Bachelors in CSE",\n
"Major":"Computer Science",\n
"from":"2010",\n
"to":"2014",\n
"institute_name":"Douglas College"\n
}\n
]\n
}\n
}
I want to set values from this json string to my textview which is coming null and showing nothing.
Thanks in advance