I'm trying to solve a problem where I need to find the minimal cost per step to get from a start to a goal node. I think this algorithm exists, but I can not find the name of this algorithm. In the case I am working on there are only positive edges and there could be cycles. It is not dijkstra's, because I am not looking for the total minimum cost, but for a cost that represents the minimal highest cost of all the steps.
In the following example this algorithm would thus output 3 as 3 is the highest minimal cost the algorithm can find a path for.
And is thus not the minimal cost, as that would be 4.

*The start node is gray and the goal node is green.
I think such an algorithm exists, I have tried searching on google, but so far could not find the name of this algorithm.