GIT install on AS/400

Viewed 298

I'm trying to install on a AS/400 running V7.2.
I have install IBM I Access Client Solution and install the open source code for GIT.
I have done the following, then I had this error.

Has anyone install GIT on a AS/400 running V7.2 ?

qsh
cd /qsys.lib/gitbckup.lib/qrpglesrc.file
git init
/QSYS.LIB/GITBCKUP.LIB/QRPGLESRC.FILE/.git: Error 3014 occurred.    
$                                                                   

I have found this online so far...

EBADNAME
3014 - The object name specified is not correct.
2 Answers

Git for PASE has been released by IBM and packaged as an RPM. You install it with yum, which you can issue at a Qshell command line (QSH) or in a PASE session (CALL QP2TERM, or log in via SSH):

yum install git

Or you can do the equivalent via the GUI for IBM i Access Client Solutions (ACS).

If you do not already have yum installed, see instructions here.

Git on IBM i only works on IFS files in the Root and QOpenSys filesystems. It does not work on files in the QSYS.LIB filesystem or other file systems like QDLS.

Related