I'm using a 3d printer that create to wide walls (all dimensions are 0.3mm too big) also I need to correct the stl file by eroding it. Is there such a feature in meshlab ?
I'm using a 3d printer that create to wide walls (all dimensions are 0.3mm too big) also I need to correct the stl file by eroding it. Is there such a feature in meshlab ?
A different method (slower but topologically more accurate) is using the uniform mesh resampling filter and specifying a positive (negative) offset for obtain a dilate (erode) effect. In this case a new, approximated, mesh is created and precision (and time) depends on the precision parameter you set.
There is a very easy way to achieve dilate/erode. Use the filter -> "Smoothing, fairing and Deformation" -> "Per Vertex Geometric Function" and create a function that add/subtract the value of the normal to the coordinates of each vertex:
x = x-nx
y = y-nz
z = z-nz
If you need to erode by a given factor, just multiply the normal by that factor.
x = x-0.3*nx
y = y-0.3*nz
z = z-0.3*nz