How to fix "listen EACCES: permission denied 0.0.0.0:8000"

Viewed 8710

I tried to explore Quasar Framework. I download node.js and quasar.cli already. i managed to create project, but when i "quasar dev" in my quasar file, it pop up the errors.

C:\Users\User>cd njir

C:\Users\User\njir>quasar dev

Dev mode.......... spa Pkg quasar........ v1.2.2 Pkg @quasar/app... v1.2.1 Debugging......... enabled

app:quasar-conf Reading quasar.conf.js +0ms app:dev Checking listening address availability (0.0.0.0:8080)... +25ms

app:dev ⚠️ Unknown network error occurred +0ms { [ Error: listen EACCES: permission denied 0.0.0.0:8080

  • next_tick.js:63 process._tickCallback internal/process/next_tick.js:63:19

  • loader.js:834 Function.Module.runMain internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:834:11

  • node.js:283 startup internal/bootstrap/node.js:283:19

  • node.js:622 bootstrapNodeJSCore internal/bootstrap/node.js:622:3

] code: 'EACCES', errno: 'EACCES', syscall: 'listen', address: '0.0.0.0', port: 8080 }

C:\Users\User\njir>

3 Answers

In Windows use the following steps:

  1. Open PowerShell as Administrator.

  2. stop winnat with the command:

net stop winnat

  1. start winnat again with the command:

net start winnat

I recently had this error and it resolved when I restarted my machine.

If that doesn't work for you I would try port 80 as a quick check to see if it is a problem with a closed port. Port 80 is for HTTP so it should be open.

quasar dev -p 80

If that works, then port 8080 might not be setup to run your local server.

To check port availability I use nmap (https://nmap.org/). If you install it and want to check a port from the command line run something like:

nmap localhost -p 8080

Port 8080 was not available in network , issue could be resolved by updating dev property in quasar.config.js

devServer: {
      // https: true,
      //port: 8080,
      open: true // opens browser window automatically
    },

Uncomment port and change the default port number, for e.g. port: 8089

Related