Currently using "AddHandler application/x-httpd-ea-php56 .php" in my htaccess file in the root of the domain since that is the only thing that works.
If I try to switch to php7, the page either tries to download or it gets the HTTP ERROR 500.
The following downloads the page:
AddHandler application/x-httpd-ea-php7 .php
The following gives me 500 error:
AddHandler application/x-httpd-ea-php71 .php
Downloads the page:
AddHandler x-httpd-php7 .php
500 error:
<IfModule mime_module>
AddType application/x-httpd-ea-php72 .php .php7 .phtml .htm .html
</IfModule>
500 error:
<IfModule mime_module>
AddHandler application/x-httpd-ea-php73 .php .php7 .phtml
</IfModule>
downloads the page:
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php7 .php .html .htm .phtml .shtml
etc
In subdirectories, I can use the following just fine:
<IfModule mime_module>
AddHandler application/x-httpd-ea-php73 .php .php7 .phtml
</IfModule>
Try to use that in the root .htaccess file...poof no cookie.
If I add AddHandler application/x-httpd-ea-php56 .php back in, it works fine again.
I have also tried other some other methods I found searching around. Has anyone else had this issue? The host is Bluehost.
The only other things semi-related that I have in the root htaccess file is the following, but I have tried removing it as well with no change to the results:
AddHandler server-parsed .html
AddHandler server-parsed .htm