I am trying to view the equations typed in HTML textbox (in Tex) as mathematical equations using MathJax. If the equations are not correctly viewed, I need to edit the equations and review it, in mathematical equations.
For the first time, it works fine. But after the editing is performed the Mathjax typeset command shows errors. Requesting you to please go through it, and suggest possible error(s).
The HTML I am using is:
<html>
<head>
<title>
Equation Edit
</title>
<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.4.1/jquery.min.js"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://stackpath.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/4.3.1/css/bootstrap.min.css" integrity="sha384-ggOyR0iXCbMQv3Xipma34MD+dH/1fQ784/j6cY/iJTQUOhcWr7x9JvoRxT2MZw1T" crossorigin="anonymous">
<script src="https://polyfill.io/v3/polyfill.min.js?features=es6"></script>
<script id="MathJax-script" async src="https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/mathjax@3.0.0/es5/tex-mml-chtml.js"></script>
</head>
<body>
<strong> Here is the result :<br></strong>
<input type="text" id=input value="\(ax^2 + bx + c = 0\)">
<div id="qPreview"></div>
<button id="check">Click</button>
</body>
</html>
The script I am using is:
<script type="text/javascript">
var eq;
$("#check").click(function(){
eq=document.getElementById("input").value;
document.getElementById("qPreview").innerHTML=eq;
MathJax.typeset(qPreview[0]);
});
</script>
It shows the following error for the second time when I click the button:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'appendChild' of null at l.append (tex-mml-chtml.js:1)
I am new to javascript. I thank you in advance, for sharing any error or suggestion for the code to work properly.