How to implement pytesseract code with opencl to make it run on GPU?

Viewed 3867

I ran OCR on a document using pytesseract. Results were very good but it took a very long time.

Now I would like to run that code on GPU. The official tesseract documentation says that we can run code on GPU using opencl but I haven't found any implementation till now. Can anyone please explain how should I proceed?

1 Answers

Where the official tesseract documentation says that we can run code on GPU using opencl? There is experimental and unsupported implementation of opencl for small part of code, but it does not do any significant improvement.

If you are interested in speed improvement, that have a look at possibilities to run tesseract faster + use tesseract wrapper (or write your own - see SimpleTesseractPythonWrapper ) that use its API instead of wrapping tesseract executable (e.g pytesseract).

Related