I'm trying to configure a project in R that uses the spotifyr and scrobbler (last.fm API) packages, but am having trouble when downloading from dev tools .
The code works perfectly from my Mac/Windows desktop at home, but when working on my work desktop (that’s mapped with network drives and protected by our University IT dept), I keep getting this for our packages work with the Spotify API and last.fm API, respectively.
Error: Failed to install 'spotifyr' from GitHub:
(converted from warning) installation of package ‘C:/Users/NAME/AppData/Local/Temp/RtmpCO0e2Q/file26dc64eb83/spotifyr_2.1.1.tar.gz’ had non-zero exit status
and
Error: Failed to install 'scrobbler' from GitHub:
(converted from warning) installation of package ‘C:/Users/NAME/AppData/Local/Temp/RtmpCO0e2Q/file26dc28aa3069/scrobbler_0.2.0.tar.gz’ had non-zero exit status
These packages are installed using devtools, and are installed from Github. Other packages downloaded from CRAN (R’s official package network) work fine.
I tried updating R, I have Rtools downloaded, and I have Git downloaded onto my work computer as well. I tried downloading the packages in zip files from Github and trying to install the packages locally using a different function in devtools but that did not work either.
I tried keeping the repository workspace both on a Network drive and on my local desktop, but had the same result. Not sure if this is something related to my university computer permissions or not.