I'm fairly new to Netlogo but I want to build a model where an agent (a car driver) will leave his home at a certain hour with a certain probability. Let's say he leaves Monday morning at 1 am (if have linked the ticks to the time so one tick is one hour).
I tried to work with ifelse-statements combined with a second statement which has to be verified in order for the entire statement to become true. In the example below the car / agent should leave with a probability of 7.7% its house and drive to a patch called underway-patches. Since one week has 168 hours, I tried to link the hour via the mod ticks (hence, mod ticks = 1 is equal to 1 am on a Monday morning).
This alone works:
ifelse ticks mod 168 = 1 and random-float 100.0 < 7.7
[ ask turtles [ move-to one-of underway-patches ] ]
[ ask turtles [ move-to one-of home-patches] ]
This works fine. So I have always about 7 out of 100 turtles moving to the underway-patch.
But If I now add the second hour, so 2 am, the first function does not work anymore (there are no turtles moving at all at 1 am - only at 2 am). I expect about 7 out of 100 turtles to move at 1 am to the underway-patch and then I expect about 5 out of 100 turtles to move at 2 am to the underway-patch (and the other 7 of the first hour should go back to the home-patches).
This does not work anymore:
; Monday, 1 am
ifelse ticks mod 168 = 1 and random-float 100.0 < 7.7
[ ask turtles [ move-to one-of underway-patches ] ]
[ ask turtles [ move-to one-of home-patches] ]
; Monday, 2 am
ifelse ticks mod 168 = 2 and random-float 100.0 < 5.1
[ ask turtles [ move-to one-of underway-patches] ]
[ ask turtles [move-to one-of home-patches] ]
I appreciate every help! Thanks in advance.