How to fix "Uncaught ReflectionException: Class view does not exist" in Laravel after deployment to Ubuntu 18.04 server

Viewed 16633

I am currently hosting an application on a ubuntu 16.04 server... but when i try to deploy the same code on fresh ubuntu 18.04 server i get the following error on my apache logs

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught ReflectionException: Class view does not exist in /var/www/xxxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/Container.php:788

navigating to that line of code on my laravel project was

$reflector = new ReflectionClass($concrete);

I cleared the config in bootstrap/cache and ran composer dump-autoload to no avail

4 Answers

run this command in project root :

composer dump-autoload

The answer is to run composer dump-autoload -o. Notice the -o.

Thanks for your help guys the issue is that I never had composer installed on the server all along. Installing composer on the server fixed the issue.

Make sure the following folders are writable:

  • bootstrap/cache
  • storage/framework/views
Related