I am using the select2 library.
My select2 element can search the database for each tag via the ajax and that works fine.
My issue is, I want the user to also be able to create a new tag. Looking at their documentation I should use the createTag option; however, this fires as soon as I click into the element and on each key press.
Can anyone offer any guidance on how I can achieve my goal?
here is my code thus far
I am using ajax top search for tags but I would also like to create new tags to the database. I have tried doing this via createTag but this seems to be firing as soon as I click in the HTML element and on each key press.
Here is my code:
$('.tags').select2({
tags: true,
placeholder: "These tags will apply to all lines",
tokenSeparators: [','],
ajax: {
url: '/api/tags/find',
dataType: 'json',
data: function (params) {
return {
q: $.trim(params.term)
};
},
processResults: function (data) {
return {
results: data
}
},
cache: true,
},
createTag: function(params) {
alert('tag created') // This is were I would put my ajax POST.
}
});