How to make a Windows 10 application that overlaps on the taskbar?

Viewed 548

I made a java program, exported it from Ecplise as a runnable jar, and then used an app called "Launch4j" to wrap it with an icon into a .exe

This picture shows another app I have on the left. It has 2 instances open and you can see they overlap on the taskbar. My app is the little house, and the two java icons on the right are 2 instances of my app. How can I make my app overlap on the original icon like the other app?

2 instances of an app that overlaps and 2 instances of my app that do not overlap

Edit:

Additionally, in task manager, my app opens as "Java(TM) Platform SE Binary" instead of the .exe file as you can see eclipse does.

enter image description here

Thanks!

1 Answers

I'm guessing that windows uses the AppId to determine what buttons to stack on the taskbar.

So you would need to tell windows the AppId, which I don't think is very easy with Launch4j.

Instead you might try Inno Setup, here's a good answer explaining the differences.

Inno Setup should include examples which tell you how to specify your AppId among other things.

Related