Running a SSIS package from a SSRS report - SSRS 2014-2016

Viewed 361

I need to launch a SSIS package from a SSRS report. I know that SSRS isn't an input data system, but I need to run interactively a SSIS package, without specifying any input data. Is it possible a such operation? If possible, I'd like to use a code (Javascript?) inside SSRS to do it.

Thanks

1 Answers

In general, to run an application from a report there are different approaches:

  1. Creating an assembly where you define all functions and add it as reference within the report
  2. Using embedded code within the report
  3. creating a batch file (.bat) that contains the command and upload it to the reporting server and use its URL when needed.

Concerning SSIS, you can use DTEXEC utlity which is installed with SQL Server to execute dtsx package via command line.

For more information about what I mentioned, you can refer to the following links:

Related