Grid table cells aligning incorrectly in reStructuredText using Sphinx Read the Docs theme

Viewed 952

I created a grid table like the one below in reStructuredText and I'm using Sphinx and the ReadtheDocs theme to generate documentation. However when I render in HTML, the cells in Columns A and B vertically align in the center (because of the row height in column C) instead of remaining at the top of the cell.

+------------------+---------------+-------------------+
| Column A         |Column B       |Column C           |
+------------------+---------------+-------------------+
|Identify the whole|Read the       |Prices are a good  |
|and fractional    |decimal number |representation of  |
|parts of a decimal|as two         |decimals.          |
|number.           |separate whole |                   |
|                  |numbers.       |[CONCEPT] What     |
|                  |               |does the dot mean  |                  
|                  |               |in this number?    |                  
|                  |               |(Show a price in   |                  
|                  |               |dollars and cents.)|                  
|                  |               |                   |
|                  |               |[Explanation: Since|                  
|                  |               |a dollar is made up|                  
|                  |               |of 100 cents, we   |                  
|                  |               |use a dot to       |                  
|                  |               |separate the two.  |                  
|                  |               |In this case, the  |                  
|                  |               |price is *x*       |                  
|                  |               |dollars and *y*    |                  
|                  |               |cents.]            |
+------------------+---------------+-------------------+     

This is how it looks in HTML:

enter image description here

This appears to be a bug specifically with ReadtheDocs as with other themes I can see the cell text in Columns A and B vertically aligned at the top as it should be.

I tried overriding the CSS by setting a vertical-align: top property in the CSS file I have under the _static folder. This is what I did:

.wy-table-responsive table td {
   vertical-align: top;
}

But this didn't work. (And I have used the same CSS file for overriding other things with success so it is set up correctly.)

What am I doing wrong? Any idea how to get all my table cell content aligned at the top of the cell?

0 Answers
Related