I currently am trying to set up a system in AWS that utilises EventSourcing & CQRS. I've got everything working on the Command side, and this is storing the events into Aurora. I've got SqlEventStore as my EventSourcing store and that has a Subscription mechanism that will listen for new events and then fire a function appropriately.
So far it's all set up in Lambda, but I can't have the subscription in Lambda as they aren't always running, so my first thought was running this side in Fargate and a docker container. Using my reading though, this seems to need to be fired by a task, rather than sit in the container on a subscription.
So my question is really, where is best to have a long running process in AWS that just sits listening for things to happen, rather than responding to a prod from something like a Lambda.