Problems with Zsh on macOS after update

Viewed 542

After upgrading to macOS 10.15 I have some serious problems with the console. I got strong problems with rbenv and ruby.

Any new window or tab from the console gives me the following information:

user@macbook-name ~ % rbenv -v
rbenv 1.0.0-33-gc7dcaf1
user@macbook-name ~ % which ruby
/usr/bin/ruby

I tried reinstalling rbenv. I reinstalled ruby through rbenv. I wrote this line in ~/.zshrc file:

export PATH="$HOME/.rbenv/bin:$PATH"

But as soon as I close the tab or exit the console window or the entire console, everything was reset. That is, I open, for example, a new tab and in it again:

user@macbook-name ~ % which ruby
/usr/bin/ruby

Tell me, please, how can I fix this? It’s impossible to work like that.

1 Answers

The following commands helped me:

% echo 'export PATH="$HOME/.rbenv/bin:$PATH"' >> ~/.zshenv
% echo 'eval "$(rbenv init -)"' >> ~/.zshenv
% echo 'source $HOME/.zshenv' >> ~/.zshrc
% exec $SHELL
Related