I tried making a app with the instructions from here: https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/connectivity/nfc/nfc
But when I compile the code and hold a card against my phone, I get a weird sound
My nfc is turned on, and I have a oneplus 6 running android 9
When I check logcat I see that I'm getting an error:
56:27.888 7834-7850/com.appname D/DecorView: onWindowFocusChangedFromViewRoot hasFocus: true, DecorView@6302a6f[MainActivity]
2019-10-12 22:56:27.913 7834-7834/com.appname W/RenderThread: type=1400 audit(0.0:2504791): avc: denied { read } for name="u:object_r:vendor_default_prop:s0" dev="tmpfs" ino=21655 scontext=u:r:untrusted_app:s0:c16,c257,c512,c768 tcontext=u:object_r:vendor_default_prop:s0 tclass=file permissive=0
2019-10-12 22:56:27.928 7834-7880/com.appname E/libc: Access denied finding property "vendor.debug.egl.swapinterval"
Why am I getting this error instead of the textview displaying the info of the nfc card im scanning (I tried mulitple nfc cards but its gives the same error)
I found someone with somewhat of the same problem. they say you should follow the link and then watch comment #3. and then they say it has something to do with not being allowed to write to a tmp directory due to a security issue.
Please help me resolve this issue, here is my MainActivity.java:
package com.packagename;
import androidx.appcompat.app.AppCompatActivity;
import android.content.Intent;
import android.nfc.NdefMessage;
import android.nfc.NdefRecord;
import android.nfc.NfcAdapter;
import android.nfc.NfcAdapter.CreateNdefMessageCallback;
import android.nfc.NfcEvent;
import android.os.Bundle;
import android.os.Parcelable;
import android.renderscript.RenderScript;
import android.widget.TextView;
import android.widget.Toast;
import static android.nfc.NdefRecord.createMime;
public class MainActivity extends AppCompatActivity implements CreateNdefMessageCallback {
NfcAdapter nfcAdapter;
TextView textView;
@Override
protected void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState) {
super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
setContentView(R.layout.activity_main);
// Check for available NFC Adapter
nfcAdapter = NfcAdapter.getDefaultAdapter(this);
if (nfcAdapter == null) {
Toast.makeText(this, "NFC is not available", Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show();
finish();
return;
}
// Register callback
nfcAdapter.setNdefPushMessageCallback(this, this);
}
@Override
public NdefMessage createNdefMessage(NfcEvent event) {
String text = ("Beam me up, Android!\n\n" +
"Beam Time: " + System.currentTimeMillis());
NdefMessage msg = new NdefMessage(
new NdefRecord[] { createMime(
"application/vnd.com.example.android.beam", text.getBytes())
/**
* The Android Application Record (AAR) is commented out. When a device
* receives a push with an AAR in it, the application specified in the AAR
* is guaranteed to run. The AAR overrides the tag dispatch system.
* You can add it back in to guarantee that this
* activity starts when receiving a beamed message. For now, this code
* uses the tag dispatch system.
*/
//,NdefRecord.createApplicationRecord("com.example.android.beam")
});
return msg;
}
@Override
public void onResume() {
super.onResume();
// Check to see that the Activity started due to an Android Beam
if (NfcAdapter.ACTION_NDEF_DISCOVERED.equals(getIntent().getAction())) {
processIntent(getIntent());
}
}
@Override
public void onNewIntent(Intent intent) {
// onResume gets called after this to handle the intent
setIntent(intent);
}
/**
* Parses the NDEF Message from the intent and prints to the TextView
*/
void processIntent(Intent intent) {
textView = findViewById(R.id.textView);
Parcelable[] rawMsgs = intent.getParcelableArrayExtra(
NfcAdapter.EXTRA_NDEF_MESSAGES);
// only one message sent during the beam
NdefMessage msg = (NdefMessage) rawMsgs[0];
// record 0 contains the MIME type, record 1 is the AAR, if present
textView.setText(new String(msg.getRecords()[0].getPayload()));
}
}
AndroidManifest.xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
package="com.packagename">
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.NFC" />
<uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.nfc" />
<application
android:allowBackup="true"
android:icon="@mipmap/ic_launcher"
android:label="@string/app_name"
android:roundIcon="@mipmap/ic_launcher_round"
android:supportsRtl="true"
android:theme="@style/AppTheme">
<activity android:name=".MainActivity">
<intent-filter>
<action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
<category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
</intent-filter>
</activity>
</application>
</manifest>
and here a picture of my activity_main.xml:

Thanks!