I can use Ctrl+W T to switch form vertical split to tabview.
My question is what can I use to switch back to vertical split / horizontal split for all tabs?
I can use Ctrl+W T to switch form vertical split to tabview.
My question is what can I use to switch back to vertical split / horizontal split for all tabs?
I suppose that means to close all tabs except the previous one, and then reopen all windows on that tab.
nnoremap <silent><C-W>U :hide -tabonly <bar> unhide<CR>
This answer may be useful for you.
You can alternatively work with buffers. Do a :ls to find the buffer number of the file you are editing in another tab (it is the number in the first column). Then you can bring the tab to a split by using the :bufdo cmd.
For example, to bring file with buffer 4 into a vertical split you would do :4bufdo vs.
This howerver does not close the previous tab.