Java- Best approach for sending millions records over the network using http protocol

Viewed 131

I need to transfer almost a million records over the wire using http protocol, currently I am using apache http pool rest client n sending one by one. Are they any better way and faster way to achieve this? Any framework or any other way in java? Is there any way I can implement multi writer concepts in java.

Edit Note: Server does not support file upload or batch requests. However they are open to discuss some other way like streaming or http2 protocol but I am not sure how to progress on these.

1 Answers

If the server can handle big requests I would send them all in one request. I have tested such scenarios in the past with a Java HTTP client and a Java HTTP server, where I sent requests of up to 500MB in size with no problems.

Related