Right now I am trying to create one program, which remove text from background but I am facing a lot of problem going through it
My approach is to use pytesseract to get text boxes and once I get boxes, I use cv2.inpaint to paint it and remove text from there. In short:
d = pytesseract.image_to_data(img, output_type=Output.DICT) # Get text
n_boxes = len(d['level']) # get boxes
for i in range(n_boxes): # Looping through boxes
# Get coordinates
(x, y, w, h) = (d['left'][i], d['top'][i], d['width'][i], d['height'][i])
crop_img = img[y:y+h, x:x+w] # Crop image
gray = cv2.cvtColor(crop_img, cv2.COLOR_BGR2GRAY)
gray = inverte(gray) # Inverse it
thresh = cv2.threshold(gray, 0, 255, cv2.THRESH_OTSU)[1]
dst = cv2.inpaint(crop_img, thresh, 10, cv2.INPAINT_TELEA) # Then Inpaint
img[y:y+h, x:x+w] = dst # Place back cropped image back to the source image
Now the problem is that I am not able to remove text completely
Image:

Now I am not sure what other method I can use to remove text from image, I am new to this that's why I am facing problem. Any help is much appreciated
Note: Image looks stretched because I resized it to show it in screen size
Original Image:

