I'm trying to change our .NET Core 3.0 app to run in a Linux container. I've gotten to the point where I can restore and build within the container but the tests are failing, which is expected. There are certain things within the app that were only meant for Windows machines.
I want to debug the tests within the container from Visual Studio on Windows and haven't been able to do this yet. From what I've read, there doesn't seem to be a way to debug the test from running dotnet test. There seems to be possibilities by running nunit-console but I can't get that run because it throws UnsupportedFrameworkException because we are using nunit 3.12.0.
Is there any way to do what I'm trying to do? I'm also up for hearing about ways of accomplishing this same task but with different unit test frameworks, I'm not tied to nunit for any particular reason.
I'm using mcr.microsoft.com/mssql/server:2019-latest for my container which is ubuntu 16.04.