Can all/most python pip packages be installed using pypy3?

Viewed 398

I am able to install the python3 package of forexconnect using:

python3 -m pip install forexconnect

but when I try to install it for pypy using:

pypy3 -m pip install forexconnect

I get the following error,

ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement forexconnect (from versions: none) ERROR: No matching distribution found for forexconnect

I have looked through the pypy documentation and can't work out what I need to do now. Perhaps I need to re-compile/rebuild the library but unfortunately my knowledge of python isn't good enough to understand what is probably quite straight-forward.

Please, does anyone know what is going on here and what needs to be done?

2 Answers

forexeconnect does not release a source tarball, so they must build a binary version for each python version they wish to support and upload that to PyPI. Most packages will release a source tarball and upload that to PyPI, then pip install can build the binary package from source. In this case, the package provider (assuming they do not want to release the source) would have to build a version for PyPy, there is nothing pip nor PyPy can do.

To see supported versions by pip try

pip install forexconnect==0

Then you can set specifical version with

pip install forexconnect==versionnumber
Related